Here's how you can participate:
1. Grow that facial hair and when people ask you why – tell them you are showing support for prostate cancer awareness in Arkansas and for the programs of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation. Arm yourself with Prostate Cancer factoids from the list below.
2. Get your coworkers and friends to participate!
3. Sport a FREE "Ask Me About My Beard" button. For a list of pick up locations near you, click here.
4. Make a tax deductible donation to the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation by stopping by any IBERIABANK location and directing the teller to credit your contribution to the Foundation' No Shave November account. You can also donate by credit card using the Donation link below.
BUTTON PICK UP LOCATIONS:
1) The Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation office, 1910 N. Grant Street, Suite 1A, Little Rock, AR 72207
PROSTATE CANCER FACTS:
1) Each year in Arkansas, around 2,000 men are told they have prostate cancer.
2) In Arkansas, approximately 300 men will die this year from the disease.
3) Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed non-skin cancer in American Men.
4) Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related death for men, behind lung cancer.
5) 1 out of every 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
6) Every 17 minutes, 24/7 an American man dies from prostate cancer.
7) African American men have the highest prostate cancer incident rates in the world.
8) African American men have a prostate cancer mortality rate that is more than twice as high as that of white men with prostate cancer.
9) 29,720 American men are forecast to die from this deadly disease this year.
10) The Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation provides education, patient support services, prostate cancer support groups and screening services to Arkansas's men and their families free of charge thanks to the generous support of individuals, corporations, the Arkansas State General Assembly and grants from various philanthropic foundations.
You should see a doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms:
1. Trouble urinating
2. Decreased force in urine stream
3. Blood in urine or semen
4. General pain in lower back, hips or thighs
5. Discomfort in pelvic area
6. Erectile Dysfunction